Premium quality This product truly is the best value in the UK for genuinely UK made tablets! The tablets are carefully formulated and rigorously tested to ensure that they disintegrate within 30-60 minutes of swallowing them, so they dissolve in the stomach and not in the bowel where they’re not absorbed. You may see cheaper glucosamine on the internet however you should be aware that the tablets will probably have been made in China or India and just packed in the UK. Following extensive testing of competitor tablets we have no doubt that Nature’s Best will continue to only sell UK made products. Glucosamine Sulphate 2KCl and why we prefer it Glucosamine is available in two forms, glucosamine hydrochloride (HCl) and glucosamine sulphate (2KCl) and although we sell both forms, we always recommend the sulphate form as it this compound that has been used in pretty much all the clinical studies. Some companies favour the hydrochloride form but we see this as a commercial decision rather than one based on any sound clinical evidence. Despite the fact that the amount of true (or “free”) glucosamine per gram of each compound varies (and that the hydrochloride form provides more free glucosamine than the sulphate forms), there is no evidence to show that it is more effective. The 2KCl part of the compound Glucosamine Sulphate 2KCl is simply potassium chloride, a harmless non sodium salt that is used to stabilise the Glucosamine. The amount of potassium in two of our 1000mg tablets is just 240mg, which is a small but useful contribution to the potassium recommended daily intake of 3500mg. It is now recognised that the typical modern day diet often falls short of this essential mineral.What makes us different? All of our tablets and capsules are made from start to finish in the UK. Each of our products is made to our own tight specification. We never purchase ‘off the shelf’ bulk tablets or capsules. It’s this attention to detail that makes us different.
- Accurately described, providing 1500mg of actual glucosamine (the usual daily dose) and the level found in two of these tablets
- Freshly made- we hold minimal stocks, so our products are freshly made. The ‘shelf life’ we give our products is based on an extensive testing programme and years of experience
- With potassium not sodium -a useful level of the essential mineral potassium is added to stabilise the glucosamine rather than using sodium
- Freshness guaranteed- the soluble, taste free coating we use keeps the tablets fresh. Not all companies go to such lengths because it does add 20% to the cost, but we think it’s important
- Genuinely 100% UK-made tablets – made in UK factories operating to stringent GMP Pharmaceutical standards- not made in China or India and then packed in the UK