Vitamin c (also known as ascorbic acid) is an important nutrient which must be obtained from the diet or by supplementation, as it cannot be synthesized by the human body. Major dietary sources of vitamin c are green vegetables and fruit. Vitamin c is one of the most labile dietary nutrients, being easily destroyed by cooking or food processing. Levels of vitamin c are reduced by smoking, drinking alcohol, as well as by certain drugs (e.g. Anticoagulants, antidepressants, oral contraceptives).
- Manufactured to pharmaceutical standards.
- Contains 750 mg of vitamin C per tablet, equivalent to 1.5 kilos of oranges.
- Designed to withstand stomach acidity in order to ensure optimum absorption.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Bio-C-Vitamin is also in a buffered non-acidic form.