A lovely present to give or receive.
UMBRELLAS: A carefully edited selection of classic folding, ladies’, gentlemen’s, weight-bearing and golf umbrellas. These are styles that are perennially popular and complement our walking sticks and seat sticks. In an age when cheap and give-away promotional umbrellas are widely available, we find there is an excellent market for quality umbrellas among people for whom they are a smart accessory as well as a means of keeping dry.
CLASSIC CANES: In the late 1970s, Ben and Diana Porter bought Warren House, a romantic but ruined property set deep in a neglected Somerset woodland. They gradually rebuilt the house and discovered that the woodland, which was predominantly populated by ash trees, was suitable for growing raw material for rustic walking sticks. Ben applied the traditional forestry technique of coppicing the trees, thus starting the production of walking sticks. In 1982, a small range of sticks was offered to local shopkeepers, who soon demanded a wider selection….
- A stylish and practical walking umbrella by Classic Canes, England.
- A very practical and useful walking umbrella. The ash derby handle offers excellent support, and is mounted on an aluminium shaft.
- The overall height of the umbrella is adjustable between 89-97cm. The umbrella canopy is an attractive cream, brown and dark blue check, suitable for use in the town or the country.
- The canopy diameter is 100cm. The framework is made from carbon fibre. The walking umbrella is fitted with a non-slip rubber ferrule.
- This walking umbrella is popular with those who need a walking stick for balance and support but prefer for reasons of personal appearance to be seen with an umbrella.