FOLDING CANES: Many people find folding canes extremely useful because they can be folded away when not required, for example when in a car or aeroplane, in a restaurant, or when using a mobility scooter. All Classic Canes folding sticks are height-adjustable, a very useful feature, especially if the cane is bought as a present for an absent recipient. A wide variety of price points is covered, from inexpensive value canes for the short-term user, to chic models suitable for formal and evening use.
CLASSIC CANES: In the late 1970s, Ben and Diana Porter bought Warren House, a romantic but ruined property set deep in a neglected Somerset woodland. They gradually rebuilt the house and discovered that the woodland, which was predominantly populated by ash trees, was suitable for growing raw material for rustic walking sticks. Ben applied the traditional forestry technique of coppicing the trees, thus starting the production of walking sticks. In 1982, a small range of sticks was offered to local shopkeepers, who soon demanded a wider selection….
- A compact, stylish design, fashionable folding walking stick by Classic Canes, England.
- A very neat and elegant folding cane with a petite handle suitable for smaller hands.
- The pattern features a black and white ‘snow leopard’ design. Both the light and strong aluminium shaft and the plastic handle are patterned.
- The shaft folds into four sections. The sections meet with an end-to-end ‘easy-joint’, which is easily managed by those without much strength in their wrists.
- Fitted with a rubber ferrule and smart metal collar. Height adjustable from 77 to 85cm (30¼” x 33½”).