This cane is suitable for use as an accessory on formal occasions, but should not be used for heavy support.
A lovely present to give or receive.
COLLECTORS CANES: Many people are ambulists, or collectors of walking sticks. Famous ambulists have included George VI, Queen Victoria, President Washington, Napoleon, Peter the Great and King Tutankhamun. Another keen ambulist, Louis XIV of France, forbade all his subjects bar the aristocracy to use walking sticks because he regarded them as a symbol of power.
CLASSIC CANES: In the late 1970s, Ben and Diana Porter bought Warren House, a romantic but ruined property set deep in a neglected Somerset woodland. They gradually rebuilt the house and discovered that the woodland, which was predominantly populated by ash trees, was suitable for growing raw material for rustic walking sticks. Ben applied the traditional forestry technique of coppicing the trees, thus starting the production of walking sticks. In 1982, a small range of sticks was offered to local shopkeepers, who soon demanded a wider selection….
- A cherishable collectors cane, by Classic Canes, England.
- Smart, robust, high quality construction. Fitted with a metal ferrule and smart metal collar.
- Featuring a whimsical green frog perched on top of the head, his legs crossed down the back of the head.
- The head is made from a tough resin and is mounted on a brown, hardwood shaft.
- Height 92cm. Head (handle) approx 10cm x 7cm. Made in Somerset, England.