FOLDING CANES: Many people find folding canes extremely useful because they can be folded away when not required, for example when in a car or aeroplane, in a restaurant, or when using a mobility scooter. All Classic Canes folding sticks are height-adjustable, a very useful feature, especially if the cane is bought as a present for an absent recipient. A wide variety of price points is covered, from inexpensive value canes for the short-term user, to chic models suitable for formal and evening use.
CLASSIC CANES: In the late 1970s, Ben and Diana Porter bought Warren House, a romantic but ruined property set deep in a neglected Somerset woodland. They gradually rebuilt the house and discovered that the woodland, which was predominantly populated by ash trees, was suitable for growing raw material for rustic walking sticks. Ben applied the traditional forestry technique of coppicing the trees, thus starting the production of walking sticks. In 1982, a small range of sticks was offered to local shopkeepers, who soon demanded a wider selection….
- A compact, stylish design, folding walking stick by Classic Canes, England.
- Lightweight, robust, high quality aluminium construction. Snaps open for quick assembly. Folds neatly away into 4 manageable sections. To fold, simply pull sections apart!
- A sassy, fashionable folding cane that is ideal for the young and the young-at-heart. The shaft features a chequerboard pattern of alternating black and coloured squares. The coloured squares are vivid shades of red, pink, purple, blue green, yellow and orange, so it can co-ordinate with many different outfits!
- The elegant derby handle offers excellent support to the hand. The handle is painted black, and the stick is fitted with a smart metal collar and a black, non-slip rubber ferrule.
- A robust folding cane, suitable for everyday balance and support, its height is adjustable between 79-89cm (approximately 31-35″). Handle measures approx 13cm (5″) x 2.2cm (1″).