Multiple Sclerosis: A Comprehensive Review
Get The Best Deal At Amazon
See Special Price
The purpose of this course is to provide a comprehensive review of current knowledge regarding multiple sclerosis, emphasizing new developments with respect to detection and treatment options, in order to improve patient care. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Describe the risk factors for multiple sclerosis (MS).
2. Define the etiology and pathophysiology of MS.
3. Identify common signs and symptoms of MS.
4. Compare and contrast early-onset and late-onset MS.
5. Distinguish between the various MS disease courses, including relapsing-remitting, primary progressive, and secondary progressive subtypes.
6. Identify and describe the effectiveness of the diagnostic tests and criteria used to diagnose MS.
7. Assess the conditions that should be considered in the differential diagnosis of MS.
8. Evaluate the various treatment options of acute exacerbations of MS crisis episodes with regard to indication, efficacy, and adverse effects.
9. Evaluate the disease-modifying drugs used in the treatment of MS with regard to efficacy and adverse effects.
10. Discuss options for managing the symptoms of MS.
11. Determine possible treatment options in pregnant patients with MS.
This 10-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.